Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fish Prairie

Trees along the Solskis Trail-Fish Prairie Study





I will be painting Fish Prairie a lot during our project. I'm fond of it because its rim is adjacent to Fair Oaks, my favorite painting location, in Evinston Florida. We will also have access to it from Mr Ben Franklin's land. It is a small prairie and I've not learned much about its history yet but I'm hoping some of the farmers and land owners I know in Micanopy and Evinston will reveal bits of its history to me.

My friend Sebastian Solskis has made the prairie access possible at Fair Oaks and owner Rick Knellinger gives us free access to the prairie. We are grateful for the privilege. As soon as the summer is over, I'll be painting there regularly, allowing it to reveal its magic little by little. The trail along the prairie rim is deep and primal in character, a glimpse of Florida as it once was.



Linda Blondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment