Sunday, May 29, 2011

Recon at Fish Prairie


Notes From Fish Prairie

Today I visited Fish Prairie via the Sebastian Solski Trail at Fair Oaks. I enjoyed a leisurely exploration of the prairie and the trail this morning. The prairie is full of small trees and grasses so getting a glimpse is not easy in the summer. I imagine it will be a bit easier in the winter when much of the foliage will be gone. I still enjoyed the trail and got many reference photos for paintings. I disturbed a lovely doe who leaped away into the woods adjacent to the prairie. This prairie, unlike Paynes is secretive and mysterious. It appeals to me for its natural Florida scenery. It is a hideaway bordering private land. I believe I am going to enjoy painting this prairie. I hope to get there in June again to do some small field paintings.

Linda Blondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment