Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hopkins Prairie Revisted

16 x 20

Getting ready for the big show at Prairie Creek Ranch on February 25.  Here's a new one which was finished a couple of weeks ago.   I have to say that I keep coming back to Hopkins Prairie source material from earlier this year when I think about doing something for this project.  It is really neat place.  (I write that and think . .  'it was just a prairie'. . . It's hard to explain but it was much more than that).  This is from a photo I took while hiking on the Florida trail.  Part of the trail goes right through Hopkins Prairie.  This oak hammock is the home of a designated campground.  My son, who is a senior at the University of Florida, saw my posts on Hopkins Prairie and was excited to tell me that he had camped at Hopkins Prairie with some friends.  They had just picked the place at random on a map of the Ocala National Forest.  He thought it was neat place to camp and wants to do a family camping trip.  It's been a while since we've had one of those.  I'm thinking about it.  Anyone else interested?

Thanks for Looking.  And make plans to attend the show at Prairie Creek Ranch.

Steve Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment