Saturday, July 2, 2011

After the Storm

After the Storm
Paynes Prairie


This is a palette knife painting. One of the things I am most interested in as a painter is light and atmosphere or what artsy people call aerial perspective. I have studied both of these for many years and continue to. The prairies offer the vistas which make aerial perspective very apparent to the viewer. I find the gradual shift of colors from warm close to me, to cool in the distance, very interesting and beautiful.

Linda Blondheim

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda! This is really beautiful. I have always loved those gradual shifts, too, but I have never attempted a palette knife painting. Must put that on the list and dust off my outdoor easel and get to work. Must also find time to come by your Loft. :)

    Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lyssa,
    I have been using palette knife for about a year. I often combine it with brush work. I would love to have a visit from you at the Loft Studio.
    love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Sounds like fun at your loft lately. Hope to get there some day! Virtual hugs in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, a big hug back to you dear friend. Glad you are enjoying our blog.

    ReplyDelete